When I started blogging a year ago, I never expected to be at the place I am. I never would have guessed that I would have found a group that is so amazing. The Lex Blogger Fam has become such a huge part of my life, and I am so thankful for this blogging community.
One of the things I love about the Lex Blogger Fam is that they’re all so kind hearted and happy to give back to the community. I’m very excited to announce that the Lex Blogger Fam has teamed up to produce shirts, and are selling these to raise money for the Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center.
Pre-sale for these shirts runs through November 27 in order to ensure the shirts arrive by Christmas. You can order yours here. They make great gifts for yourself or others, and are a great way to spread love to those you already love.
Donations help fund critical programs such as:
• 24-hour crisis hotline
• Comprehensive clinical services: crisis intervention, therapy, and psycho-educational groups
• Legal and medical advocacy
• Community outreach to vulnerable populations
• Violence prevention and awareness education
• Community engagement for systems change to reduce power-based personal violence
• $25 raised provides 1 hour of therapy for sexual violence survivor
• $50 raised provides legal advocate for 1 hour
• $75 raised provides 1 violence prevention education workshop
• $100 raised covers 8 hours of volunteer training
• In Kentucky, 1 in 9 adult women has been “forcibly raped” at sometime in her life, which totals more than 175,000 women. This estimate does not include alcohol or drug-facilitated rape, attempted rape, ‘statutory rape’ (i.e., sex with someone under age 16 without explicit force), or other forms of sexual violence.
• Almost 1 in 2 women (47%) and 19.6% of males in Kentucky are sexually victimized at some point in their lives (CDC, 2010)
• 37.5% of females and 31% of males in Kentucky have been assaulted (sexual/physical) and/or stalked by an intimate partner at some point in their lives (CDC,2010)
• Approximately 51% of female rape survivors in Kentucky are physically assaulted and/or fear that they or someone close will be killed or seriously harmed (CDC, 2010).
A huge thank you goes out to all our vendors that have paired with us on this project:
If you purchase a shirt, please let us know! Share a photo of you in the shirt and use the hashtag #LexBloggerFam. We would love to have you join us in this project of giving back!